Saturday 13 February 2010

The End of the Beginning

______

Even when I first started writing Hell's Own, nigh on sixteen months ago now, I already knew that I'd keep going with it, to whatever end, even if I kept writing without hope of anyone ever drawing it.

It's been a learning experience and a half. I've never written anything more than 3000 words, and even then, that was only once. Writing at length is hard, but so much more rewarding. I, and many others around me, can't wait for me to finish it, but as it is, chapter two is rolling steadily along.

In the meantime, Corban, my illustrator, has been doing his level best to interpret my crazy ramblings and turn them into awesome artwork. It's been hard sometimes to picture the final result from the roughs he's given me, but he's been patient, and we've now moved into the realms of finalising the artwork for chapter one.

By way of a demonstration, he's started with page seven. I got it this morning, and I had to share it with you. It's stunning.
______

______

How beautiful is that? It was nowhere near my favourite page from the roughs, so I'm incredibly excited for what's coming, in particular pages eight, sixteen to eighteen, and twenty-four through twenty-six.

I'm sure I'll post some more in the not-too-distant future. For now, enjoy.

1 comment:

Roxanne Clements said...

Awesome :)

You emailed me some before and I moved it into a folder and forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder! I will look at those tonight.

This is looking amazing though. I love it :D